As former Director of Recruiting, Sheri still loves being a part of the Dallas International family–networking, connecting, recruiting, and helping others learn about the valuable educational opportunities for worldwide service with an eternal impact. Sheri appreciates the challenge and variety of the work in recruiting, which uses the gifts God’s given her and keeps her dependent on Him. Two of her favorite verses are Nehemiah 8:10b, “The joy of the Lord is my strength,” and Galatians 6:9, “Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”
Sheri has a BA in social work and joined Wycliffe Bible Translators with her family in 1991. Before joining DIU in December of 2013, she served on the International Linguistics Center as Welcome Desk Receptionist and Center Hospitality Coordinator. A tremendous highlight for her was attending a Bible dedication in Peru, celebrating the Northern Conchucos Quechuas receiving the Bible in their own language! Although officially retiring in June of 2021 as DIU Recruiting Director, she looks forward to continuing as a part-time volunteer on the DIU Recruiting Team.
Other interesting facts:
- Sheri was a career Navy Chaplain’s daughter, USMC wife and daughter-in-law, and is Air Force mother to her two sons.
- She once went parasailing over the Indian Ocean.
- Lake Lucerne, Switzerland, was the first place she remembers being moved to tears at the beauty of God’s creation.
- Her favorite place to go is the Smoky Mountains, Blue Ridge Parkway or Skyline Drive in North Carolina and Virginia.
- She speaks some Spanish, and less Portuguese, but would most like to visit Brazil, as that’s where her daughter-in-law was born.