The Bachelor of Arts in Scripture and Culture is a program that focuses on Scripture’s contents, cultural background, interpretation, and original languages, as well as the use of that education in cross-cultural contexts.
Upon completion of this degree students will:
- Demonstrate an intermediate competency in Greek or Hebrew exegesis and hermeneutics.
- Compare and contrast the cultures of the various biblical authors and of modern societies.
- Distinguish between the original meaning of biblical texts and their interpretation and application by various Christian communities.
- Identify and apply appropriate intercultural communication skills and attitudes within cross-cultural and multi-lingual contexts.
- Use academic and hermeneutical tools to address disagreements in areas of biblical interpretation.
Interested in this program? Be sure to apply for Undergraduate Admission to Dallas International University.