Welcome to the Bachelor of Arts in Scripture and Culture program at Dallas International University, where Christ-centered education meets cultural awareness. Our program empowers you with an in-depth understanding of Scripture’s content and cultural background, as well as its interpretation and application in cross-cultural contexts. You’ll gain practical knowledge and skills that are highly relevant to many prospective careers, including:
- Teaching at a Christian school
- Non-profit organization or ministry work
- Continuing your education at seminary or graduate school in a specialized field (e.g., law, medicine, business, counseling)
- Community development work
- On-the-job training from ministries or churches
- Chaplaincy in various settings
- Communications roles
Upon completion of this degree, you’ll have intermediate competency in Greek or Hebrew exegesis and hermeneutics, and be able to compare and contrast cultures of various biblical authors and modern societies. You’ll also develop intercultural communication skills and attitudes, and be able to address disagreements in areas of biblical interpretation. Join us on a journey of biblical education, spiritual formation, and global impact. Apply now for Undergraduate Admission to Dallas International University, where we prepare you “For the World.”
Upon completion of this degree students will:
- Demonstrate an intermediate competency in Greek or Hebrew exegesis and hermeneutics.
- Compare and contrast the cultures of the various biblical authors and of modern societies.
- Distinguish between the original meaning of biblical texts and their interpretation and application by various Christian communities.
- Identify and apply appropriate intercultural communication skills and attitudes within cross-cultural and multi-lingual contexts.
- Use academic and hermeneutical tools to address disagreements in areas of biblical interpretation.
Interested in this program? Be sure to apply for Undergraduate Admission to Dallas International University.